Welcome! Tune in often to learn more about all things relating to the new SAHM!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Two Months in the Trenches

October is quickly approaching, so I've been a SAHM while searching for a job for a few months now. I must say it is like a roller coaster ride. How might you ask? Well being a parent is a roller coaster ride period, but in this state you go through your highs and lows.
The high of seeing your baby grow and being available for all your family members, but then there is the low of the job search. Application after application and nothing. No phone calls, no inquiries, nada! So I begin to wonder if going back to work full - time is even in the cards for me despite my years of experience and multiple degrees and certifications.
I completely enjoy being my son's primary care giver, especially with him only being four months (he turned four months today:-)). I'm loving signing up to help at my daughter's school and with her extra curricular activities, but I miss the sense of self a job would bring. How crazy is that? Who even knew a job could do that.
Any who I press forward and choose to stay focused on the highs. Tonight, I'm coaching my daughter's basketball for the first time, while daddy has daddy son time. Wish me luck! Until the next post.

No comments: