Welcome! Tune in often to learn more about all things relating to the new SAHM!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Exercise Ball and Baby

         Today the baby was very sleepy, over tired to be exact and any mom knows that's a bad mix. I was walking my little one to put him to sleep, which he normally likes but that wasn't working. Then I saw the exercise ball. The ball that I purchased for labor and delivery to "rock" my baby out. Well tonight I decided I'd "rock" my baby to sleep with the same ball. Guess what..... it worked! I bounced and rocked and within minutes my little one was off to dream land. I was so happy as I really needed to be able to put him to sleep without fuss because I'm tired myself. Who knew caring for a baby all day and night was so much work. So if you are ever at your wits end trying to get your baby to sleep (the lay him down when he's drowsy routine doesn't work for us at all lol), try your exercise ball. Not only will you get a mini workout, but your baby will get a soothing aid to help them fall asleep.