Welcome! Tune in often to learn more about all things relating to the new SAHM!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Career What?

What is a mother to do?? I feel as though I have to choose between a career and being a mother. How many of you moms feel that way? 

I am in the process of looking for another job (as I was laid off from my previous one before baby) and torn with the thought of leaving my baby in daycare and having less time with my whole family. I'd love to have some adult contact, but fearful as to how our lives will change when I do return to work especially a full - time job with a full time workload (on top of the full time work load I have at home). My poor baby isn't sleep through the night so....... really that is whole other story.

At any rate, I wonder if I'll be able to handle a full time workload as I feel like a walking zombie Monday - Sunday. I don't even remember the last time I had a full night's sleep, and I don't even think I could sleep completely through the night as I am always listening for baby to wake up. On top of that, I just feel different. I almost wonder if I'm even capable of completing work that I've got many degrees and certifications in that say I can - if that makes any sense.  

Not to mention the separation anxiety I'll experience and the baby will experience as I leave him at daycare. My son won't even drink his milk when I leave him at the church day care for a few hours, so really fearful how his schedule will change as well if and when I go back to work full time.

At this point, all I can do is leave my career in God's hands. I'm continuing my search, but I'm praying and believing I'll find the job that will be best for me and my family. I also know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me so we'll see. How has it been for you other moms when you returned to work? Feel free to share your experiences as a comment below.

No comments: