Welcome! Tune in often to learn more about all things relating to the new SAHM!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Trying to save $$ with my love of baking

Hello,

How has everyone been? Hope the new year has been treating you great. I've been sitting here thinking about my weekly grocery list, because you know there are those few things that you have to buy often like milk, oj, bread, etc. So I'm thinking, why buy bread every week at almost $3.00 a loaf when I could make it. I love baking, and I've always wanted to make bread so why not go for it now. I'm home all day.....ah the joys of the new SAHM.
Any who, I'm thinking of actually giving it a try. I found recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=6773&origin=detail&&Servings=36 and if this works I hope to continue doing this. My only thought though, is would it be easier just to make it from scratch or get a bread maker. Would anyone like to share their thoughts on a bread maker? I'd love a kitchen aid mixer with a bread kneading attachment, but not an option right now. So what are your experiences with a bread maker, or is it better to just make it from scratch?


2 comments:

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Ange! It is definitely not too late to join the challenge!! I will forward you an email we sent to all challengers yesterday to help get you kick started. So happy you stopped by, I'm your newest follower!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Angela said...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the challenge!