Welcome! Tune in often to learn more about all things relating to the new SAHM!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Check your nipples!

Yep I said it! Check your nipples.... not the ones you may be thinking about, but for moms of bottle fed babies we should check our babies nipples often and upgrade them when necessary. My son is 4 months old and I just thought to do this. He uses Avent bottles so I switched to the #3 bottle, which is for babies 3 months and up. Boy, had I wished I had done this sooner. He gets to drink so much more formula now before he gets too gassy - he's one of those babies that doesn't like to take a break and get burped during a feeding. So it's great to know he's getting what he needs without having to work too hard for it. The manufacturer actually recommends replacing nipples every three months and I agree with them. It really isn't a scam to get you to buy more of their products. It is something that will really benefit your baby, so be sure to check your nipples. The next size up for us is at 6 months, so I'll be replacing them again then. When was the last time you checked your bottle nipples?

No comments: